- 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM ETHow to Use AI to Create Content in MinutesWhether you want to write a book, publish a research paper, dissertation or create training manuals for your company, Blooksy makes it easy. Using its voice-to-text and artificial intelligence writing assistant, you will save time and money by getting content out of your head onto paper in minutes versus months. Attend and see how other universities, writers, and corporate entities use this disrupting software to create content faster, easier, and more efficiently. – Anthony “AJ” Joiner, CEO and Founder of Blooksy
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ETMMPC Preview
- 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM ETAnnual Meeting
- 9:15 AM to 10:45 AM ETCDC – All-Corporate Member Meeting
- 9:15 AM to 10:45 AM ETMBEIC – All-MBE Meeting
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM ETMBEIC – Industry Group Meetings
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM ETCDC – Industry Chair Meetings
- 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM ETHR Track 1: Embracing a Mindset Shift From Using Intuition To People Analytics
The unprecedented cornovirus-19 pandemic has impacted every aspect of our lives in Michigan and beyond . Now more than ever, data driven decision making is critical to our region as we navigate the impact of the pandemic and ultimately develop strategies for recovery and revitalization.
- 2:15 PM to 3:00 PM ETHR Track 2: The Great Resignation…. You Better Shop Around
In an applicants market, how do you retain your existing employees when incoming employees are receiving huge bonuses, alternative work schedules, and medical benefits effective day one of employment?
- 3:15 PM to 4:00 PM ETHR Track 3: Help Me…: Mental Health in the Workplace
Even on our best days, stress can prevent us from being fully focused and doing our best work. It is evident that too much stress can lead to burnout, disengagement, more sick days, and strained relationships in the workplace. In the wake of COVID-19, it’s never been more critical for business and HR leaders to address the mental well-being of their teams head-on.
- 8:30 AM to 9:15 AM ETALL: Opening Session: 333 Years: Best Practices a Year Later
A year after introducing the groundbreaking analysis that showed it will take more than 333 years to achieve parity for minority firms at the nation’s current pace of growth, are we making progress? Our council has always boldly answered the tough questions to drive real results. Hear from corporate members and MBEs that are taking strategic moves to drive sustainable results.
- 9:30 AM to 10:15 AM ETALL: DESIGN Series Keynote – HERstory
In this powerful interview led by the dynamic Founder and CEO of ActOne Group, JBH interviews Dr. Valerie Daniels-Carter. In her own words, hear how Dr. Valerie Daniels-Carter became a formidable entrepreneur who changed the game and became a Herstory maker as the country’s largest female-owned franchise organization and the only black woman minority owner of the 2021 NBA Champs, Milwaukee Bucks.
- 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM ETCorporate Track: Real Talk, Real Results
- 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM ETMBE Track: Electrification Forum
Electrification – Is it too late or are there still opportunities to participate in this arena? Equally importantly, what steps must we take to ensure MBEs are included in all future innovation?
- 11:45 AM to 12:30 PM ETALL: Economic Outlook Interview
Global growth is expected to moderate from 5.9 in 2021 to 4.4 percent in 2022, largely reflecting forecast markdowns in the two largest economies. A revised assumption removing the Build Back Better fiscal policy package from the baseline, earlier withdrawal of monetary accommodation, and continued supply shortages produced a downward 1.2 percentage-points revision for the United States. What does all of this mean for the marketplace?
- 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM ETCorporate Track: CDO Summit 2.0
The past two years have shown significant changes in the number of companies exploring DEI. Whether your company is in DEI start-up mode or a DEI legendary leader, you will find great benefit in this session designed and led by CDO icons. If you fully participate, you will leave this session with renewed vigor and edits to your company’s written plan of action for DEI success.
- 12:45 PM to 1:45 PM ETSustainability Talks – The Power of the Pivot: How to Manage through Market Shifts
In our fast-changing economy, businesses can’t continue to operate in the same space they have been for the past 5, 10, 20 years and expect to be successful. MBEs have long been known for being nimble and agile, but how do you it’s time to pivot your business, and what does it mean to effectively pivot? This panel session will feature top leaders who have reached new markets by diversifying their product offerings.
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM ETMBE Track: Sustainability Talks – Here Now AND Tomorrow
You’ve worked hard, overcome obstacles to successfully launch your business – now what? Hear from family-owned firms that are successfully transitioning and taking their businesses to new heights to successfully establish long-lasting legacies. In addition a succession planning expert will weigh in on the importance of defining or refining a solid succession plan for your business.
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM ETCorporate Track: Creating Your Corporation’s Blueprint to Reduce 333 Years/ Ideation and Solutions
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM ETMBE Track: Effectively Scaling Your Business (Women’s Forum)
Scaling is a challenge for any business, but women-owned MBEs face more barriers than anyone when it comes to business expansion. Listen to MWBEs tell their stories and insights in a panel session on topics like business planning, overcoming cash constraints, growing sales revenue, investing in technology, and hiring a top-notch team.
This session will be valuable to all business-owners looking to scale, but will include special focus on the distinct challenges faced by W/MBEs, including the double bias of race and gender; lack of access to traditional business networks, mentors, and funding; and how to differentiate yourself as a woman-owned business in male-dominated industries.
- 3:00 PM to 4:15 PM ETAll: Capital Forum
In this forum, we will demystify capital for MBEs AND CORPORATE MEMBERS. Subject Matter Experts will speak in clear terms in a safe space to help corporate members as well as MBEs. Experts will discuss how to negotiate with the private equity or venture capitalist investors and focus on the investment agreement, aka the “term sheet.” In a capital negotiation, the outcome of the term sheet should leave the MBE with the economic power and full control of the company.
- 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM ETRegistration
- 8:45 AM to 9:00 AM ETRibbon Cutting
- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM ETBusiness Opportunity Exchange
- 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM ETCPO Meeting *INVITE ONLY*
- 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM ETReal Opportunities: MDOT INTRODUCTORY MATCHMAKING
This OPPORTUNITY introduction session will provide insight into infrastructure opportunities, as well as the process and MDOT’s renewed commitment from the top to do business with minority owned firms. MDOT will review open opportunities and help MBEs learn how to access them. In addition, an MBE will share his success story in working with the department.
- 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM ETMatchmaker
- 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ETAvoiding Cultural Misunderstandings in Business Transactions
An honest and candid discussion between MBE business owners of the challenges they have had to overcome in conducting business. This forum takes a sensitive topic by using experiences, anecdotal stories, and humor on how dealt with these cultural misunderstandings to bring about change as we address the 333-parity challenge.