Jorge Canavati is the principal at J. Canavati & Co. LLC, an agency, int’l commercial representation and consulting company with a focus on logistics and international trade. His company is an agent for Logistics Plus Inc., which provides worldwide logistics with global offices.
Mr. Canavati has over 35 years of experience in international trade, multimodal transportation, air cargo and logistics. He is the author of various articles and editorials on trade and transportation issues with a focus on the NAFTA marketplace. Mr. Canavati is on the board of various international trade organizations. He is Chair elect for Global Chamber San Antonio 2021; the U.S. representative of the National Importers and Exporters Association of Mexico (ANIERM). He is a member of the following organizations: Camino Real District Export Council, appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, the Texas Advisory Committee U.S. Global Leadership Coalition, and the Texas Committee for the U.S. Global Leadership Network.. Mr. Canavati was recently appointed by Mayor Nirenberg to the Airport System Development Committee. Its purpose is to strategically consider the future aviation needs of the San Antonio region as it grows over the next 30 to 50 years.
He was added to the San Antonio Business Journal “Who’s Who” list in Energy logistics. He lectures at various universities and participates on various high-level panels per year at international trade events. He is an invited educator-lecturer twice a year at the School of Law post graduate studies (Energy Law Master’s degree) program at the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (UANL) in Monterrey where he lectures on the “Basics of Energy Logistics.”
Receiver of a Port San Antonio resolution for outstanding achievements in logistics Sep 2006 (establishment of an intermodal corridor from China to the U.S. through Mexico)
Receiver of a Texas Secretary of State recognition award for outstanding economic development work for the State of Texas.
Recipient of the 2020 San Antonio Council for International Visitors (SACIV) “International Leadership Award” for his contribution to promoting citizen diplomacy in the community.
He has been married for 37 years to Daisy Miriam and has two adult children, Jorge Mauricio and Gabriela Sofía, a daughter-in-law Michelle Gonzales and a lovely granddaughter Penelope Michelle.
- Consultant to the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) Border Trade Advisory Committee (BTAC).
- Chair of the International Energy Commission of ANIERM
- Board of directors of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and appointed co-chair of the international business committee of the same organization
- Chair of the Logistics Subcomittee of the Associación de Empresarios Mexicanos (AEM) Energy Committee
- Music with a focus on Jazz: He is the host of “Jazz de México”, a jazz program on KRTU 91.7 FM in San Antonio, Texas and krtu.org worldwide, Trinity University Radio, broadcasting Sunday nights 7:00-9:00pm Central Standard Time. The only Mexico jazz program in the world.
- Cooking: Specializing in live fire and BBQ
- Reading: Biographies & works on the economic history of World Trade
Company information: www.jcanavati.com
- Mayor of San Antonio appointed to the SAT Strategic Advisory committee . Objective: Implement policy the future development of SAT for the next 50 years.
- VP for International Logistics Port San Antonio and Kelly Field (SKF). Responsibilities were to support the development of SKF for international air logistics and cargo
- Led a delegation of 50 Texas delegates to visit the construction site of the Texcoco airport. Led the effort for roundtable discussions to create business development strategies between the future Texcoco airport and SAT.
- J Canavati & Co. LLC is an agent for Logistics Plus. This is freight forwarder that provides global Logistics services to include air freight.