As the landscape of business conferences technology constantly evolves, we are always looking for ways to make sure that our conference is the most effective and valuable use of time for our constituents.
The MMPC is about connections. Our attendees are corporate buyers, advocates, and purchasing executives looking for strong minority businesses they could possibly do business with.
- Featured Appointments – In addition to our traditional matchmaker on Industry Day, we are introducing “Featured Appointments” where corporate exhibitors can schedule and approve private appointment sessions with MBEs that meet their specific procurement needs on Thursday, May 9th during the Business Opportunity Exchange
- Connection Station – Located at the front of the trade show floor, the Connection Station features the MBE Connect Tables reserved for our first time MBE Exhibitors, a lounge area to take a break and catch up on emails and calls, a meeting area to hold more private one on one discussions with potential supplier & buyers, and more
- Automotive OEM Alley – This year, our Automotive OEMs have partnered together to create “Automotive OEM Alley”, a shared exhibit space centrally located where fellow exhibitors and attendees can interact directly with OEMs in one easy to navigate location.
- MMPC Hub Layout – This year’s hub will feature, a meeting space to meet the MMSDC President & Board Members throughout the day, an elevator pitch practice and consultation station, professional headshots station, lounge space, and the MMPC media area featuring interviews,” Letters to my younger self,” the DESIGN Series podcast, and more
- MMPC 2019 Book Drive – MMSDC is hosting a book drive this year at MMPC to support the Read to a Child program that serves Detroit and Pontiac. Bring a book or two to MMPC May 7th – 9th and donate it and one of our drop boxes located throughout Cobo Center. The books are for children ages 5 – 9, grades K – 4. Donate a new book or a gently used book that will inspire and educate a young mind. Book collection areas can be found at registration May 7th – 9th, and in the MMPC Hub on May 9th. See the book wishlist here
- Enhanced Reception Experience – This year, after listening to the feedback of our attendees, we have removed the Wednesday MMPC Welcome reception and created an enhanced Business Opportunity Exchange experience on Thursday. This year’s reception will be held in the brand-new Crowne Plaza Ballroom across the street from the Cobo Center, and feature live music, food and drinks, a cigar rolling bar, and more, ending MMPC 2019 with a bang
- MMPC Industry Day – Back again this year, MMPC Industry Day on Tuesday, May 7th. provides Corporate Members and MBEs more personal one-on-one time with prospective customers & peers while discussing industry trends and topics throughout the day. It ends with our MMPC Procurement Matchmaker session now enhanced with new matchmaking software
Posted March 11, 2019 in: Event by dalleyne